Clutch

Find your answers, solutions and more...

We made it much easier for you to find exactly what you're looking for on ScieMce. Enjoy our search engine "Clutch."

AuthorTopic

tatauu79

• PhD Member
Select the best comment for a nurse to begin an interview with an elderly patient.

a. "I am a nurse. Are you familiar with what nurses do?"
b. "Hello. I am going to ask you some questions to get to know you better."
c. "You look comfortable and ready to participate in an admission interview. Shall we get started?"
d. "Hello. My name is _______ and I am a nurse. How you would like to be addressed by staff?"

Marked as best answer by tatauu79

NicNac

• PhD Member
ANS: D
The correct opening identifies the nurse's role and politely seeks direction for addressing the patient in a way that will make him or her comfortable. This is particularly important when a considerable age difference exists between the nurse and the patient. The nurse should address patients by name and not assume patients want to be called by a first name. The nurse should always introduce self.

Questions you may also like

Related Posts

» Advising, asking closed-ended questions, and changing the subject are examples of ________________ to therapeutic communication.
» A nurse is working with a patient and attempts to communicate effectively with him or her. Techniques the nurse can use to help communication include (select all that apply):
» The expected behavioral development of the child that is between the ages of 6 and 12 is the following (select all that apply):
» After the admission of the patient, Nurse Toni will get specific information from the patient. This method of getting information is known as the:
» A patient is admitted to the Mental Illness and Chemical Abuse (MICA) unit for detox from the use of alcohol. During the interview, the patient states, "My wife would rather see me dead." To which part of the nursing process does this belong?

Trap Queen

• PhD Member
Saved me massive time.